"I will not let go unless you bless me."

Genesis 32:26
Jacob wrestled with God and won.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Advantages to Living Alone

51% of all Americans are now single.  So I feel justified in addressing this particular group today.

In I Corinthians, Paul says to some early Christians that just as married people should not try to become single, singles should not try to become married if they were single when they came to Christ.  Obviously, this is not meant as anti-marriage, but pro-singleness.

Because I don't have a husband and children to worry about, I can pray at virtually any time I don't have to be somewhere else.  Being single doesn't mean you have to lead a life of self-indulgence like too many people do today.  Being single gives you more time to read your Bible, fast, and pray.

Married people may have more opportunity to be conformed to the image of Jesus, but we have more opportunities to become prayer warriors.  If you live alone, try turning off your TV and spend at least an hour a day in Scripture reading and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment