"I will not let go unless you bless me."

Genesis 32:26
Jacob wrestled with God and won.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Early in the Morning Will I Seek Thee

Some people, including Christians, are not morning people.  But all things are possible with God.  Force yourself to get up one hour earlier to have a regular devotional time.  Drink coffee if you must, but spending time with God is essential.  How can we avoid temptation if we don't ask God to "deliver us from evil" before the day starts?
As for me, I spend roughly half the time reading the Bible and meditating on it.  The other half I spend on talking to God.  There is nothing that can substitute for a good Bible reading and prayer session in the morning.
Be sure to feed your pets before you start the devotions, as they will disturb your time with God otherwise.  Likewise, make sure you know what time your children rise, so you will have plenty of time before you have to deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment